Bud

Default Im Sooo Confussed, Oneway or Stubby lathe

Will be getting a larger lathe soon. I had decided on a Oneway 2436,
I don't think there is no question by anybody, of the quality of this
lathe. I have not seen the Stubby except for photos, BUT, I have now
read up on Stubby lathes, and found some very desirable design
features in the Stubby, mainly the lathe being very versatile. My
Questions are, aside from design differences, I am very curious on the
Quality differences of the 2 lathes. One main concern (one of the most
important features I feel in a lathe, is headstock bearings), one
feature that makes the Oneway such a smooth running machine is the 4
bearing spindle design, not much info out there of the stubby spindle
bearing design except "dual taper bearings" Any Info from those who
know about the QUALITY differences between the two lathes would
greatly be appreciated ( is the Stubby lacking some ways in the way of
quality, compared to the Oneway). I guess I'm really asking you guys,
which lathe I should get, any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks much in advance & SAFE Turning.