Nozza

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 10:52:56 GMT, "Connor T"
wrote:

Hi,

I live quite near a main road which has heavy lorries going past, so it's
quite noisy.

I have pvc single glazing at the moment, my question is would double glazing
make things silent? Could i get away with just doing the front windows of
the house?

Are there any sites where i can enter rough window measurements so I can get
an idea of cost? Is it a feasible diy job? i suspect not?

Thanks!
Dan

Our house overlooks a main road. The upstairs rooms have double
glazed units, with additional secondary double glazing. There is a
10cm gap between the double glazed units and the secondary double
glazing. It is very effective. It works much better than just the
double glazing downstairs.

Upstairs I never hear anything from the road
Downstairs I hear the thump-thump of car stereos, but not lorries

HTH

Noz
--
Email (ROT13)