Joe Wells

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 14:33:31 +0000, Lazarus Long wrote:

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 13:44:49 GMT, Unisaw A100
wrote:

Unisaw A100 wrote:
I did see one come across eBay a short time ago. It didn't fetch what I
would have expected (1).

(1) They aren't cheap. From memory I'm thinking a grand or two
('Murikan).

Just happened to be on the bay and saw this one.

UA100

I seem to recall that there was also a knife sharpening accessory for
these things too. The machine mentioned in the Ebay ad doesn't have that
item listed with it. I'd imagine the quality of the edge of the blade is
vitally important. And speaking of knives for these, where would one get
some spares. I always keep spare knives around for my planer and jointer.

But at ~$400, it'd be an o.k. deal IMO.

Mebbe, but the Buy It Now price is $1000. At $400, the reserve hasn't been
met. I doubt it'd go for less than $800. Interesting critter, though.

--
Joe Wells