Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Connor T wrote:
I have pvc single glazing at the moment, my question is would double
glazing make things silent?

No. Conventional double glazing will reduce the noise, but not by much. To
get a meaningful reduction you need secondary glazing spaced away from the
main windows by as much as is practical. And the thicker the glass on the
secondary glazing, the better.

Could i get away with just doing the front windows of
the house?

It depends how much noise comes in through the front as opposed to the
back. Does opening a rear window at the moment make things worse?

--
*He who dies with the most toys is, nonetheless, dead.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.