Chris Hodges

John Smith wrote:
I live a road which, as I have a school at one end, is busy at certain tmes
of the day. I have double glazing in the front of my house from a small
local firm and we noticed a huge difference in noise reduction when we went
from out rotten old wooden - 100 years old - to having double glazing. You
can certainly notice a difference when we open the windows.

The quality of the seal can make a big difference as well. If the noise
is after dark then heavy lined curtains may also help. However without
spending a fortune the best you can hope for is a reduction in the noise
- and of course if you need to windows open for ventilation in the
summer there's no benefit at all.

--
Chris
-----