Mungo Henning

mike ring wrote in message . 252.50...
The trouble is you never believe the instructions these days,

Whilst I can sympathise, methinks I read here someone else's tale
about an item or a procedure that ought to be followed.
The manufacturer of that item had put a subtle warning on the label:
"Before you do it your way, do it our way."

Now I get blase about warnings just like everyone else reading this
newsgroup (sweeping generalisation time), but that particular phrase
stuck with me (no pun intended) since the thought is that manufacturers
spend thousands on developing their products but someone sitting at
home has a better idea of what is required for a particular situation...

I also agree with the sentiment that you must make sure that your
enthusiasm does not eclipse your competence.

Mungo