Steve

"Dave Jones" wrote in message ...
"Steve" wrote in message
om...
I'm looking to extend my garage opening and am stuck at how to support
the blockwork above the concrete lintel before I take the lintel out,
as the RSJs run parrallel to the door?

Any ideas?

If the block work has no weight on it ie supporting the roof, then it will
support itself.

Dave Jones

The garage is a semi-detached garage with a load bearing centre
blockwork wall, therefore the weight about the lintel is derived from
@ 4-5m (at highest point) decreasing over the length of the lintel.
There are 2 lintels, one for the inner blockwork and one for the outer
stone work.

Is it feasible to replace (or leave in place which ever is the
easiest) both of these lintels with a Catnic CG50/100 Open Back
Lintel?