Paul King

"Mary Hinge" wrote in message
m...

quandry snpped
3. Pump siting options a

a. Shelf above hot water cylinder, not really much room here
either but might just be able to squeeze in it.

Option a *won't* work! (assuming that there's no cold water header tank
above it). Because the pump will be above the HW cylinder/tank it can't
"suck" water from the tank - it only "pumps". I've got this problem in my
house. We're "fully pumped" as regards showers and baths, and my pump is
below the H/W tank, but because the shower head of the upstairs shower is
above the water level of the Elson tank on the same landing (no C/W header
above, so no higher "head") we have to turn on the shower and then one of
the (fully pumped) bath taps to "start" the shower!
Downstairs shower - no problem (obviously...)

And we're talking stupid size here! *Both* of the cold and hot tanks are 150
gallons! Whoever installed this for the previous owners must have had a
great deal of fun - or ripped the owners off! It's only a 4-bed semi for
crissake!