Peter H

Ian Stock (remove the "antispam") wrote:
I'm in Toronto.

"Peter H" wrote in message
. rogers.com...

Ian Stock (remove the "antispam") wrote:

I have developed a large brown patch (aprox 200 sq. ft.) in the middle

of my

otherwise healthy and green lawn. I suspect grubs, but dug up a few

places

and found none. (This might have been because the lawn is already dead,

the

grubs have moved on.)

Before I blast the area with grubicide (or whatever it is) does anyone

have

any advice on a) verifying the problem, and b) treating it, c) getting

back

to "green"?

Thanks,

Ian

It would help to know where you live Ian, but doesn't sound like grub
damage. To check for grubs or any other insect check at the border where
the lawn is still green. It sounds like a surface feeding insect to me.
In our area of Canada I would suspect Chinch Bug.

Peter H

I stand by my original guess if you are in the Toront area. When you
walk on the dead area does it feel different? If so chances are the root
structure is gone and there is little home for the patch.

Peter H