Rob Graham

(Andrew Gabriel) wrote in message ...
Must be time to point this out again for newcommers who've not seen it...
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/humour.html#foam

I qualify as a 'newcomer' for this one - why is that we get so much
pleasure at someone elses misfortune? On the other hand there is a
definite case of a nig-nog in this story.

I got involved in biulding fibregalss canoes back in the late 60's
and clearly remember going through the same process of plugging the
ends with 50:1 expanding foam. I seem to remember gettting more
concerned about the catalyst being an isocyanate. We had an
instructor who had been through all the hoops before and certainly
made sure that we used the correct quantity. One thing that we did do
was the dunk the end of the canoe into a large bucket of iced cold
water to absorb the heat given off.

Rob