ROBB

My wife (under 40) has arthritis and had to have her ring cut off and
I never wear mine. So I was thinking that something could be made out
of both for her that she could wear , and with only one diamond.

ffredd

A compotent Jeweler can install an " Arthritic Shank " on Your
wife's ring.
Perhaps the best solution. Gold reclamed from old rings can be full of
undesireable alloys for casting. This is why it is often melted into a
nugget.

If you are afrade of having your diamonds switched, have them surveyed
or apparised. There will be an additional charge for this, but you can
often get a discount from your insurance co. The apparisal will be
used to determin the replacement value of the new ring.

I would recomend, from the writen discription given, that you have an
Arthritic shank installed on your wife's ring and a Nugget pendent
made of Your old wedding band for her.

I have been a Journeyman Millwright for 28 yrs with other Journeyman
trade certifications .
I retired 5 yrs ago ( bad back ) to become a Certified Jeweler and
Gemologist after 2 1/2 yrs of fulltime schooling.
I will recomend the " rec. crafts. Jewelry site on the Google Groups.
It is well moderated and has several jewelers more experienced than I
contributing.

Robb GGS and JA certified.