Mary Hinge

Default Shower Pump Questions

In a bit of a quandary over installing a shower pump, have decided to
go for the Stuart Turner Showermate 1.8bar based on group
recommendations but have a few questions. I did search the group but
each installation is unique ;o)

Note we only have a tiny airing cupboard (Edwardian House) with no
space on the floor for a pump.

1. Pump is rated at a maximum output of 30l/min, can this flow can be
restricted by the mixer valve (eg half open valve = 15l/min), or is
there something on the pump itself? I don't huge amounts of water
going down the drain (on water meter plus small HWC). In our previous
house we have Aqualisa Aquastreams that delivered 13l/min IIRC which
was fine.

2. Hot water cylinder is around 1000 high by 400 wide (approx 120l by
my calculation), this should be just about sufficient right? Not great
I know but airing cupboard is vertically as well as horizontally
challenged ;o)

3. Pump siting options a

a. Shelf above hot water cylinder, not really much room here
either but might just be able to squeeze in it.
b. Bottom of cupboard in adjacent bathroom (different bathroom, ie
not the one with the shower), approx 2m from HWC, 3m from shower.
Assume 22mm to pump and 15mm to shower is advisable?
c. Bottom of cupboard in shower room, this means running pipes
past shower for flow to pump and then back to it. Distance from HWC by
the time you run pipe will be close to the 7m limit, approx 2.5m then
back to shower. Probably getting on for 9m run from cold-water tank in
loft.

Option C is preferred, but how would this stress the pump or affect
flow if run in 22mm to pump and 15mm from pump to shower?

TIA,

Andy