Gunner

On 2 Sep 2004 10:11:38 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Crematory remains are 0% carbon.

What gives you that idea?

The fact that carbon and oxygen react fully at the
temperatures they burn bodies at....

So what is the charcoal residue that remains?

Never having seen somebody after the flames, I
cannot give first hand evidence. However from
what I've heard of the process, given the
temperatures involved, I would say all the carbon
would have been reacted.

How much carbon is left in a barbecue grill after
the fire's died out? None.

Jim

Ive seen more than several life times worth of crispy citters in the
military, and worked in a crematory a couple summers as a kid.

Uncle Bill (mortician/coroner) told me they were largely carbon with
the trace elements.

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by
the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked
out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman
Liebmann