Larry Jaques

On 2 Sep 2004 12:27:10 -0700, jim rozen
calmly ranted:

In article , Larry Jaques says...

Right, we have low-carbon bodies.

We sure do after they've been in a retort
for an hour at a thousand degrees F.

If you can figure out how to keep carbon
from burning in air at that temperature,
you got yerself a nobel prize there.

That reminds me of the joke I received this morning.

--snip--
Elmer's Egg Business

Elmer was in the fertilized egg business. He had several hundred young
layers called pullets and eight or ten roosters, whose job was to
fertilize the eggs. Elmer kept records and any rooster that didn't
perform went into the soup pot and was replaced.

That took an awful lot of Elmer's time so he got a set of tiny bells
and attached them to his roosters. Each bell had a different tone so
Elmer could tell from a distance, which rooster was performing.

Now he could sit on the porch and fill out an efficiency report simply
by listening to the bells. Elmer's favorite rooster was old Brewster,
a very fine specimen he was too. But on this particular morning Elmer
noticed old Brewster's bell hadn't rung at all!

Elmer went to investigate. The other roosters were chasing pullets,
bells-a-ringing. The pullets, hearing the roosters coming, would run
for cover.

BUT, to Elmer's amazement, Brewster had his bell in his beak, so it
couldn't ring. He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his job and walk on to
the next one.

Elmer was so proud of Brewster, he entered him in the county fair...
and Brewster became an overnight sensation among the judges.

The result...

The judges not only awarded Brewster the "No Bell Piece Prize" but
they also awarded him the "Pulletsurprise" as well.
--snip--

--== EAT RIGHT...KEEP FIT...DIE ANYWAY ==--
http://www.diversify.com/stees.html - Schnazzy Tees online