GoldLexus

The fsbo site we used wasn't expensive. We paid $56.00, included signs and
the web listing but not a mls listing. We got a realtor after trying for a
couple of months. During the time we had our house up for sale we didn't get
one call from the website now 18 months later we've gotten tons of calls!
The reason why...is because NOW you can't get the house we were selling for
the price we had it listed at 18 months ago. Property values have gone up
pretty fast since than.
We have sold 2 houses in our history of owning homes. We did sell our first
house fsbo within 3 weeks. Tried fsbo again since it worked well for us
before but gave up after 2 months, we than listed with a realtor. The market
was really different when we sold fsbo over 15 years ago. I think if the
market is hot fsbo is the way to go. In a slower market fsbo could be a
problem.
Fsbo is a better deal. The house we sold fsbo we spent $36.00 for an ad in
the Sunday paper and $10.00 for the sign in the yard. A realtor would have
cost us about $4000. We got full asking price on that house. So it was
cheaper than the sale of our second house where we paid realtor commission.

"Rex Burkheimer" wrote in message
k.net...
So did FSBO turn out to be a good deal? Looked to be almost as expensive
as
retining a realtor.

"GoldLexus" wrote in message
Some ads on the FSBO sites are OLD. We put our house up on the
forsalebyowner.com site over 2 years ago and we still get calls to my
cell
phone asking about the house we have for sale. We sold the house 14
months
ago. I tried to remove the ad from the site, it wont come off.

wrote in message
om...
(Bill LaFleur) wrote in message
. com...
Folks,

What are some good Web sites for finding properties sold by owners
[ie, avoiding realtor fees]? A couple that I've found:

www.isoldmyhouse.com
www.forsalebyowner.com

Googling didn't provide me with much - anyone have experience with
some good ones?

Thanks, Bill

There are a bunch of FSBO sites but none seems to be very good. I've
had better luck looking at newspaper classifieds.