Mary Fisher

"Michael Mcneil" wrote in message
news:1d6f697de3b885eb52532ee5a36b12f1.45219@mygate .mailgate.org...
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net

Get WHAT for human consumption? Beef fat? Oh yes you can.

I'd heard that beef dripping was another casualty of BSE.

It was. At least for export - I'm not sure about 'local' consumption. But no
longer.

So..

Is your friend

He's not a friend ...

replacing the valley between two roofs of a church or
something?

As I said elsewhere - I thought - it's a very large lead tray/dish/trough
with shallow sides. It has quite a large crack for a few inches across the
middle.

He'd be as well to lay new lead if so. Old lead stretches
with heat but does not return like other metals, it is too near the
liquid stage so that it flows out and stays out.

I know. But I'm not sure that he does.

I don't think it has stretched, I think it's cracked though age. I suspect
it needs patching - and I think that's what he intends doing.

But that's all irrelevant, I only asked if anyone still used and if you
could still get plumbers' tallow ... :-)

Mary