twfsa

Ed .

At $ 60 per hour you would be starving and on food stamps.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"twfsa" wrote in message

I figured it would take 80 hrs of labor @$30.00 ,and thats 16 per hr
more in my opinion than it should.
Tom

You should take a carpentry course and do it yourself because no one will
meet your expectations. No tradesman can work for $30 an hour and exist
in business.

If I had the talent, and could do quaility carpenter work @$30/hr I would do
it all day long!!!! You have to be competive if you are in business for
yourself. Includeing tools, truck, insurance,bla bla bla.

Labor here in the midwest is Electricians charge $35/ hr that s on a service
call to the house, Plumbers I believe the last time I read an article in the
newspaper stated that they were earning $26. These are union scale.

You are forgetting the cost of insurance, benefits, truck, tools, taxes,
licensing fees, many other things that are real cost that must be paid.

Those extra's taxes, everybody pays..tools, truck,licensing fees,are wrote
off at tax time.

I'd charge about $60/hour for it. If you want my services through my
company, it is $1000 a day plus expenses

There are a few dummys in this world that would pay you $60/hr.

After discussing the bid with the contractor this morning on the phone,
explaining what I figured material and labor should cost, he dropped his bid
$800. I told him I would get a few more bids, 15 minutes later he called and
said he could do the job for $5000.00. I'll sign that contract, I still
believe its a bit high, but the guy works his ass off, and does good work.

Tom

Ed