Andy Hall

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 18:03:05 +0000 (UTC), mike ring
wrote:

"a" wrote in
.net:

then there is a good reason for it! I discovered last night that
expanding foam doesnt readily come off fingers and what makes it worse
is all the dirt and dust made my fingers turn black so I look like I
have been digging in the garden all morning! I guess it will come off
eventually (

Tell me about it - I used some for the first time recently.

The trouble is you never believe the instructions these days, flux is ok if
you don't get it in a cut , or rub your eyes; most things marked corrosive
arent (very), so you see yet anuvver "wear gloves" and think "b***s" and
you've got this fearsome muck everywhere.

I also tried shaping it with a wet knife. Anyone know how to get it off?

mike

After it cures, which it does using water, the only way I know of is
mechanical - i.e. scrape or wear off.

I've had a modicum of success with some stuff called Resinega which is
mainly intended for paints and resins but works reasonably well on
this if you're persistent.

Before it cures, I've found that acetone seems to affect it fairly
well.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl