Charlie Self

Tim Henrion writes:

Hehe, that story reminds me of when I ran some high quality
5 or 7 ply baltic birch through my jointer. My jointer knives
subsequently had several small grooves from the adhesive used in
the plywood... You never realize that adhesives are that hard... :-)

They're hard, but not that hard. Many are much more abrasive than wood, so they
grind away really quickly. Don't know if that's the case with epoxy, but it is
with a bunch of the adhesives use with manufactured wood products (plywood,
OSB, MDF and such fun things).

Charlie Self
"A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never
learned to walk forward." Franklin D. Roosevelt, radio address, Oct. 26, 1939