Lenny

Thanks very much to everyone for all your responses. I will definitly
not expose my backside any more on this one than I have to. I'll now
recommend that it may not be safe. I'm sure they'll just replace the
set for the customer, but I would do the tube if they want me to.
Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.
"Mr TUBEAMPS" youfinedout@thomuusnonsence wrote in message . au...
scrached a large b&w tube once
luky it was outside the house
over night it imploaded, glass on the roof
and in next doors yard.
i would not take the chance keeping
the old tube.

"Lenny" wrote in message
om...
I made a service call yesterday at the request of a moving company.
They put a small (about 2") scratch in the upper left hand corner of
this customers 39" TV moving it. They wanted me to see if I could
"buff" it out. I told them probably not but they still wanted me to
look at it. It is hardly noticable and not at all with the set on. I
told the customer it wasn't dangerous as it is only surface and that I
would have the movers contact them, I would suspect to buy them off.
But then I got to wondering. Am I sticking my neck out passing
judgement on this? I really don't see how this could be a hazzard but
could it be? Are there guidelines on his sort of thing? Does anyone
have any further insight on this? Thanks. Lenny Stein, Barlen
Electronics