Swingman

Seeing how you've admittedly never used a dremel, how would you know?

If safety is your overriding concern, the "safest" method for her would be
to get someone else to do it. The least safest would be a real router in
unsupervised, unskilled hands.

Back off, let her use her dremel, with the safety precautions already
mentioned, and she will quickly learn the wisdom of using the right tool for
the job while being relatively safe.

... nuff said.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04

"SawDust" wrote in message
Hi Swingman,

I was always taught that a router is not a saw. That an awful pile
of wood to remove with a dremel, and while hoping the bit doesn't
snap, fly off and smack her in the face.

I think there are a lot safer ways to do this...

Thanks for the response though...

Pat

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 16:50:21 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"SawDust" wrote in message

Any thoughts...

With patience and small, incremental cuts, she should be OK. I would
certainly advise using the available router base for the tool, going slow
and easy, and using a guide fence and eye protection.

It's obvioulsy going to take some time, but that may well be a readily
available commodity in this case.