Noon-Air

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
Noon-Air writes:

So just exactly how do you propose that we should charge enough to be
able to stay in business, be able to pay our bills, feed our familys,
pay our taxes, pay for our medical and dental care, pay for our
vehicles, pay for our homes, etc and still work for free???

No problem with you being in business or making a living. You sound like
someone who must do well at it.

The problem is the men with guns ... excuse me, the government, deciding
who gets to be in the biz and forbidding the public from dealing with
anyone else. The only situations where the gummint "cares" about
"protecting the consumer" is when there is money in it.

If the consumer needs government protection, then everything should be
licensed.

Here we have no licensing or code enforcement outside of the city limits and
just in this county alone we lose at least 6 homes and or trailers and
several lives each year due to fire because some hack or home-moaner decided
they could do it them selves. The only reason we *don't* have manditory
licensing and code enforcement state wide is because of the
builders/realtors (more often as not they are one and the same) political
pull and money. They know it will cut into their bottom line because they
know they will have to get it done right instead of getting it done the
cheapest by unlicensed hacks and raping the home buyer in the pocketbook.

Do a google on this group and see how many time a legitimate contractor has
had to correct a dangerous situation that had the potential of causing the
loss of life, limb and/or property. The stuff like that I see on almost a
daily basis is really scarey.