George

Imagine both spin clockwise, to avoid left-hand collet threads. Anyone
operating either should work at arm's distance, that's for sure.

Problem I've seen is the heat buildup. No great mass to soak it up, so they
heat/darken/soften, and potentially break with anything more than short-term
use. Attempting to use them at less than the full 23-25K rpm would be
tough, given the small diameter of the bit.

"SawDust" wrote in message
Tell me, does the dremel spin in the same direction as a router.?
I've been told with a router the bits generally fly away from the
operator. What's the result with a dremel when a bit snaps.?
What sort of rpm.?