RainLover

Where are you located? I've got this new knuckle-boom I'm itchin' to
try out and my wife says I can't lift her car up with it!

james, Port Orchard (seattle), Washington, USA, Earth

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 20:09:26 -0700, Sunworshipper
wrote:

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 03:04:21 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:59:08 -0400, "BW"
wrote:

I finally got moved into my new house and the machines are nestled into the
garage. I have to move the lathe and bridgeport into the cellar. I have a
walk-in door to the basement but the problem is getting the stuff to the
door. There is about 40' of grass to move the stuff over. I moved the
bridgeport head and table on a skid by using rollers under it. It was quite
a job. I am leery of trying to move the base the same way. Any suggestions
on moving the base ? There is not enough room to get a large machine in to
carry it.

Thanks,

Bill W

Two sheets of 3/4" plywood. Lay the far one under the one the mill is
on. Push to the new sheet, remove the old one, pry up the far end,
stick the new sheet under the one the mill is on, move to this sheet
and repeat. Takes more time to explain than to do.

Gunner

If I can't come up with three sheets I look to zenith.

The plywood prices are terrible . I use to get large counter tops from
dumpster diving. Their particle board , but 3/4 and laminated on the
other side. After 911 everyone seemed to stop making major screw ups.
I'm sure NAFTA didn't help.