Norminn

clipped

Like I said, this is thick glass, and the crack is clean. I just need
to remove the wooden strip and lift the piece a little to glue it,
then stuff putty around it before replacing the strip.

Thanks for all advice

Mark

If you are replacing the door in the spring, it's not worth a lot of
trouble to "repair". I would lay on some clear silicone to fill the
crack and let it go at that. Use one of those plastic tools to smoothe
the surface, so's you don't slice a finger on the broken edge. If any
silicone remains on the glass surface after it dries, it can be shaved
off with a razor blade scraper.

We just installed a patterned glass as a backsplash behind our cooktop.
It has a seam, which is nearly invisible because of the pattern of the
glass. The edges were ground with a very slight bevel and the clear
silicone seals it almost invisibly. On your door it would show, but why
do a lot of work for such a short time?

There may be a lot of broken glass around here soon - doing the
hurricane thing, again. If Hurricane Frances hits Palm Beach, I hope it
blows all the touch screen voting machines to Tallahassee )