Ziggy

On 1 Sep 2004 06:18:42 -0700, (Jon Nicoll)
wrote:

Hi all
any recommendations (or anti-recommendations) for makes and/or
models of paper shredders for home/small office use?

Buy an incinerator for around £15 - £20 and burn the stuff.

As others have mentioned, the cheaper machines tend to be straight cut
and this very often leaves stuff legible and can be put together (cf.
Iranian takeover of US Embassy in Teheran). Cross cut is much
better but more expensive. I bought on for around £50 a few years
back, but found that the motors heat up and automatically cut out
after around half a dozen to a dozen sheets of A4. You then have to
wait a few minutes (seems like ages) before you can use it again.

Now I simply fill a waste bin with stuff and then burn it. Means I
can chuck all the junk mail, with my name and address listed on it at
least twice, straight in the "to burn" bin.