SawDust

Well I'm doing my best to follow those rules...

But since I've never used a dremel and I can imagine the results, I
thought I'd get an opinion from someone with experience.

Rule #3 of life - Sometimes Friends don't listen till it's too late..

That's why I'm looking for advice to either resolve my concern or back
up my argument that it is unsafe.

Thanks for your response.....

Pat

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 21:40:30 GMT, "Michael Latcha"
wrote:

Two good rules:

1. If you don't think it's safe, don't do it.
2. Friends don't let friends do unsafe things.

"SawDust" wrote in message
.. .

I think this is crazy. But I'd rather have someone with experience
of using a dremel tool explain whether this is safe or not.

A female freind wants to cut some dado's or grooves for a shelf.
For the sake of arguement assume the depth to be 3/8" x 3/4" wide.
Dremel tool. I assume she has the router base for it. The wood is
old pine. It's hard and very dense.

Is this safe to do. "Personally I think the bits just going to come
flying off the dremel, when it get's hot and snaps...

Any thoughts...

Pat