Swingman

"Charlie Self" wrote in message

Don't know if it will help, or even if it still exists, but some years

ago,
Burpee had some taste-centered old-fashioned seed. You can't really pick

up
much in the way of non-long keepers here, either, but we're going to turn

under
a quarter acre next year...well, in October...and plant some things we

want.
Real corn. Tomatoes. No zucchini. But it has been a long time since we

tried.
Got tired of feeding the damned deer.

The birds are the biggest problem here ... netting does a pretty job of
stopping that for someone reduced to front porch farming.

I heard Paul Harvey discussing "heirloom varities" the other day and it got
me thinking. No longer living in the country, but yearning for the things
that made those times so enjoyable as I get older, I am bound and determined
to taste a real tomato at least one more time.

And thanks for the burpee motherlode/link, Charlie ... I was just going
googling for "burpee" when I saw your second post.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04