Mary Fisher

"Tony Williams" wrote in message
In article ,
wanderer wrote:

If you live anywhere near Great Yarmuff, you could try asking at
any of the chip salons in the market place. They all smell
remarkably as though they use tallow to cook the chips. Revolting
smell at times........

mmm....Chips done the old-fashioned way, in beef fat.

Actually you're right. They don't use lard, they use beef dripping, I've
bought it in large quantities from the fish and chip suppliers. But after
seeing the other things they sell I wouldn't eat f&c from a shop ever again

And it doesn't smell revolting - or shouldn't. If it does the fat has gone
rancid. That's the myth about tallow candles, that they stink and smoke.
They don't if they're made properly.

Mary