Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Tim wrote:
Hi. Changing the angle slightly, I did one in lead once.

Not as difficult as you would imagine - just need a lot of mental
preparation. If you can get it right it should last a very long time.

You would need a large roll of Code 4 lead, some patination oil, metal
shears and a couple of soft mallets plus hammer and clout nails.

The hard part is getting the joins and edges right - it's all in the
folds. But very satisfying when done.

I've got a ground floor only bay, with a recessed flat roof as it were. It
was originally zinc, and I made a replacement zinc tray - using just the
metalwork 'skills' I could remember from school. And it's still fine many
years down the line. Zinc is possibly easier to work for a beginner -
assuming no fancy curves etc, as it's easy to solder.

--
*If you ate pasta and anti-pasta, would you still be hungry?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.