Tim

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 05:59:36 -0700, Vincenzo wrote:

hi, can you help me? i need to replace my flat roof on the bay. it is
felt.
can you suggest materials to use? someone suggested torch on felt? any
good sites to recommend for products or how to repalce?
regards Vincenzo

Hi. Changing the angle slightly, I did one in lead once.

Not as difficult as you would imagine - just need a lot of mental
preparation. If you can get it right it should last a very long time.

You would need a large roll of Code 4 lead, some patination oil, metal
shears and a couple of soft mallets plus hammer and clout nails.

The hard part is getting the joins and edges right - it's all in the
folds. But very satisfying when done.

If you are interested I can elaborate - but it's probably better to read a
book.

Took me a day solid to do a bay flat roof.

Timbo