rel

Bull **** Richard.

Here you go on your soap box again!

If I recall, you are a double E.

Are you actually trying to bull**** people into believing that as long as
both parties agree, anyone should be allowed to design electrical systems
for buildings? Yeah, take the "if they are qualified" response and shove it
in your butt! You KNOW the only way they are qualified, or more
specifically, how someone else knows they are qualified, is if they have
obtained some sort of certification. You do not even believe your own
bull**** so why don't you stop spewing it.

Yeah, you are down there in "permit hell" and the idea that someone can not
build their own deck by following simple instructions is a bit of a stretch,
however, you also know people who haven't a CLUE and might well construct a
deck on the second floor that will fall on someone other than them or the
others property. The government stepping in and offering some form of
certification that says "Mr. Kinch is qualified to design electrical systems
because he has proven he has the required education and has passed a test,
so in theory, Mr. Kinch should design things electrically safe for the
person and people affected by the work" is a GOOD thing, and you ****ing
agree with it.

You LOVE to bash HVAC contractors because they mark up parts, YOU think they
charge too much because YOU are willing to work unlicensed, uninsured
because you have the knowledge in a basic form, access and the wit to tap
resource information when you are out of your abilities, and you enjoy doing
it. You pay my insurance, you pay my taxes, you pay my employees health
insurance, you pay my employees for 40 hours when they only have 30 hours
work this week, you do all that, and ill lower my price per task, until
then, shut your freakin pie hole and quit saying things that you yourself do
not even believe.

the other rich
"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
bill writes:

"Protecting the consumer" and "raising standards of professionalism" is
precisely why we have licensing.

No, those things are perfectly well achieved with voluntary standards that
intelligent people can pay for if they choose.

When the government forbids, ultimately with threats of force, a willing
buyer and willing seller to exchange in an honest transaction, because of

lack of a trade license, then that has nothing to do with consumer
protection or professionalism. It is motivated by greed, of the tradesman
who benefits from higher prices and less competition, and of the

politician
who gains a moneyed special interest.

In the extreme, the government itself will decide who will do the work and
tax us to pay for it, like the public schools.

http://www.usenet.com