Simon Gardner

Default Putting a double glazed pane in an old frame

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

Double glazing increases the comfort of a house, you can sit (as we do)
close to uncurtained windows on the coldest of days and still be
comfortable.

Actually, one of the things I like about windows is you can sit next to
them if you want to be a bit cooler but everyone else doesn't.

OTOH Jacob's calculations are on heat loss and not including getting rid of
unwanted heat gain. So how much would I save, Jacob, on my summer air/con
power bills if I double glazed (which I won't). Figure on air/con being
'on' for a total of about 5 months a year [June - September plus bits and
pieces in other months.