Jim Gott

What exactly are your proccedures when using this finish? Such as what
RPM, drying time between coats, sanding between coats, buffing?
Thanks
BRBR

It's usually used as a friction finish, applying to a very fast spinning piece
with a cotton rag (don't wrap the rag around your fingers) and burnishing in
with the rag. It dries within a few seconds. The reason for the BLO is so it
doesn't dry TOO fast so you can avoid the lap lines. Try using less BLO and see
how you do. You can even try leaving it out, but the alcohol might make it dry
too fast.

Actually, for tool handles I'd use polyurethane or danish oil, and for most of
my turnings I use Deft lacquer cut about 40% with lacquer thinner, then buff.
-Jim Gott-
San Jose, CA