George E. Cawthon

mooseshoes wrote:

All:

My car needs 4 new tires and I know I can save a bunch of dough if I buy
new tires online and replace them myself, however, I've never done this
before and I'm curious if others have and if so, if they can either:

a) recommend against doing it myself; or
b) tell me that it is a good idea and suggest where I might learn more on
how to do it.

I've done some preliminary research on the subject and I haven't found the
definitive set of instructions yet.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Steve

They make non powered tools for that, you just need to use a lot more
muscle and lots of slippery gooh so that you don't damage the tires
when you mount them. Don't know if you can save money or not by the
time you buy the tools and then find out that your vehicle needs
dynamically balanced tires. If you have a good nationwide or area
wide outfit like Les Schwab in the northwest, you get free flat
repair, free rebalancing, free rotation, minor cost for road hazard
insurance, and no effort.