I never thought about calling Delta, that could be a real safety hazard.
I had problems with Delta when I first got the planer. It a 6" the locking
handle for the infeed was bent, the set screw to set the 45deg detent was
buggered up and I couldn't get it out with SAE or metric allen's. There was a
"nick" in one of the blades. After back and forth, I got some satisfaction.
After that, I just and went and bought a new switch.
One more thing on the planer, When I changed the blades, I found the cutter
head had a height difference from front to back (using a dial indicator) I
think about 0.06" and there are no adjustments. I compesated with the blades.
seems to be OK
Frank

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
If it is a consistent problem, I am a little surprised that Delta
hasn't
had some kind of safety recall. The way you report it failing sounds a
little dangerous.

Dave

You're right they should. We know of two instances out of 20,000,000 tools.
That justifies replacing them all. Shame you are in Canada, Ralph Nader is
running for president and you can't vote for him.