I had a problem posting... Hope this goes though

I think it was a push in type with plastic locks. If you can't get behind
it, you will have to pry it out. The new one just pushes in. I got mine at a
local tool repair shop in Raleigh
Frank

firstjois wrote:

Thank you, John, I'll try the blast of compressed air and see how that
goes, unplygging the little red plug didn't do a thing.

Frank, can you tell me how you got the stuck switch out? It seems like it
should be a plastic insert over the "real" off and on switch and pop off
with a screw driver.

Thanks,
Josie

wrote:
I had the same problem with the switch on my Delta 6" Planer. It
would stick in the on position and I had to pull the plug.
I had to but a new one, I think it was around $25.00!
Frank

John Santos wrote:

In article ,
says...
Hi Folks,

Ever seen a Delta safety switch locked into the "on" position?
Well, this one is. I'd drilled 3/16" x 1/2" holes into 60 3x5"
pieces of pine and when I tried to turn the drill press off the
switch wouldn't budge, I had to unplug the machine to turn it off.
The switch is one of those red safety kinds that can be locked by
pulling the end off. Even unplugged the switch could not be
moved. Now what do I do? Bigger hammer?

Thanks,
Josie

Maybe irrelevant, but I recently bought a Delta 10" benchtop DP.
The instructions say you can turn it off with the little red tab
removed, but you can't turn it back on again. I tested it, and it
seemed to be working as advertised.

Maybe yours got packed full of sawdust?

I got a can of compressed air at MicroCenter for cleaning out
computers. It might work. It has a little red tube (like the one
on a can of WD40) for directing the air. I think you can get them
at any good computer store.

(If you have an air compressor, I'd try that first.)

--
John