SQLit

"pgm" wrote in message
om...
A couple questions for the hardwood guru's out there..
I installed glue down, engineered hardwood a few years ago. I
followed all proper instructions and did extensive moisture testing on
the concrete slab subfloor. Installation went great BUT..
There are now a few areas that "pop" when I walk over the now cupping
wood. They are fairly minor and seem to be only a few boards in a few
areas and the actual cupping areas are smaller than a paint can in
diameter. My questions are these:
Would a dehumidifier help with this problem? We are in ATL, GA and
you can imagine the humidity here.
Should I be looking at this as the glue didn't adhere very well to
hold those areas down, or perhaps I didn't leave enough room for
expansion?
What, if any, options do I have? Can I do some minor repair in those
areas and reapply glue or even some liquid nails/weld bond/ PL11 type
product?
Are there any "tricks of the trade" that I can do, to; 1. Determine
the cause of the cupping and 2. repair the few areas.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

I put down an engineered wood floor in my last home. (never again, tile only
for me)
I had some issues with low or high areas on the concrete floor that were not
properly identified before installation. I tried injecting glue from the
center of the area and then placed 100 pounds over it for drying. It lasted
the 6 months before I sold the home. Have not a clue if it is holding now
after 2 plus years.