pgm

Default Glue down hardwoods cupping

A couple questions for the hardwood guru's out there..
I installed glue down, engineered hardwood a few years ago. I
followed all proper instructions and did extensive moisture testing on
the concrete slab subfloor. Installation went great BUT..
There are now a few areas that "pop" when I walk over the now cupping
wood. They are fairly minor and seem to be only a few boards in a few
areas and the actual cupping areas are smaller than a paint can in
diameter. My questions are these:
Would a dehumidifier help with this problem? We are in ATL, GA and
you can imagine the humidity here.
Should I be looking at this as the glue didn't adhere very well to
hold those areas down, or perhaps I didn't leave enough room for
expansion?
What, if any, options do I have? Can I do some minor repair in those
areas and reapply glue or even some liquid nails/weld bond/ PL11 type
product?
Are there any "tricks of the trade" that I can do, to; 1. Determine
the cause of the cupping and 2. repair the few areas.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
Adam

(pgm) wrote in news:9575aea9.0408310908.4cdc9428
@posting.google.com:

[...]

You're problem sounds as if it's most likely the glue not holding.
Engineered woods are great for high humidity areas over slab, below
grade etc. If you can get some adhesive to the trouble spots & be sure
to hold down the wood for the full cure time you should be alright. You
may have had a few boards with some vertical bow to them that didn't
want to stay in the adhesive.

Good luck,
Adam

SQLit

"pgm" wrote in message
om...
[...]

I put down an engineered wood floor in my last home. (never again, tile only
for me)
I had some issues with low or high areas on the concrete floor that were not
properly identified before installation. I tried injecting glue from the
center of the area and then placed 100 pounds over it for drying. It lasted
the 6 months before I sold the home. Have not a clue if it is holding now
after 2 plus years.