Mary Fisher

"Cicero" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...
Does ayone still use it for lead work?

If so, what type and where do you acquire it?

Mary

==============
I thought it was used for the old-fashioned 'wiped joints'

It was - for preventing oxidation on newly cleaned lead. But it's been
superseded by flux.

Someone I know of has said that he must have tallow for some leadwork and
I've been asked for some - I use it to make historical candles. I said that
if he really feels that he needs it I'm sure he could buy some from a
plublers' merchants but he's said he can't, which is why I asked here.

I know a professional leadworker who doesn't even use flux!

but have a look
at this if you haven't already seen it:

Thanks, I did, it proves that you can still get it.

Mary

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/236-14431

Cic.