Ted Edwards

DoN. Nichols wrote:

What diameter stock? That could have some bearing on the 0.020"
facing to clean up.

Indeed it could and I forgot to mention that little detail. :-) Most
recent was about 20 thou off to clean up a 2" diameter piece. Most
extreme case was the large pully for my neighbours speed reducer. See
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/Prop_speed_reducer.pdf
Cutting the 8" diameter blank required cutting as deep as the saw could
then rotating and cutting more using part of the kerf to guide the
blade. Had to face of 50 or 60 thou on that one.

Yes -- you *can* cut larger diameters if the length of the
remaining stock is short enough so it doesn't hit the casting where the
blade returns on the backside. :-)

See above.

Ted