Richard

Default Exposed Brick Fireplace

Hi

I've ripped out an old 70's fireplace to reveal the original Victorian
opening. There is an infill of bricks which brick up the top half of
the arch making the opening square which I plan on leaving in place. I
want to cover the exposed brickwork inside the chimney breast with
something. I've tried cleaning up the bricks using acid but some are
damaged and would need to be chopped out, the cleaner wasnt that
effective either. What and how would I go about lining the old
brickwork. There isn't enough room to lay another course of newer
bricks. Any ideas, thoughts or comments?

Thanks!

Richard