Pat Barber

Most of the folks in the booths have never sold a
single thing "directly" to the customer. Most of the
folks I saw only deal with distributors and only have
"vague" ideas of price...

I'm told that late Sunday is "deal" time but only for
what's in the booth.

Eric Anderson wrote:

As far as deals go, I was disappointed. I did not expect much in the
way of things being sold at the show (typical of true trade shows),
but where there were things being sold, I was not impressed with the
deals. I bought some touchup sticks from Mowhawk, but otherwise I
just observed. There may have been some deals somewhere, but not on
things I asked about. (Maybe the Lie-Nielson chisels were 50% off and
I missed them??) Lee Valley had the free shipping and a set of their
spoke shaves on a 3-for sale. As I recall, that deal was pretty good.
What gets me is the lack of knowledge of the prices of products. I
realize that volume and other things affect the ultimate price, but
many times the people manning the booths could not even give me the
breadbox/battleship price.