Old Nick

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 05:37:09 GMT, pyotr filipivich
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Musically I agree with you. Both are far removed from the techo-based
"brill" of whatever this week calls it that comes out of the (totally
metal-fatiguing but audiophile-sickening) vibration of car panels.

As a boombox deterrent, I disagree.

Both are stirring, powerful pieces of music that excite the THING that
gets excited.

Bach's Tocatta ROCKS. BIG TIME. Ask the group "Sky". It was the only
thing that a group of classically-trained musicians could sell to the
rock masses.

"In the Mood" always puzzled me, but that's its genius. Like "Bolero".
It's a repetition of a simple theme, over and over, with subtle
variations. Why is it magnifico?

Sorry. The Liberty Bell may have adopted a ludicrous meaning for me.
Blame Monty. I do feel it was well-chosen. :-

I will try to get onside even more. I once had a neighbour who bought
a new power system. It would appear the that system cost so much that
they could afford on.y one middle-of-the-road-rock LP. After 50
repeats of that LP (this was back when most TV was new content, and
our tolernace was low) I had had enough. I had built a pair of boxes
that were about 20% efficient, over the audio band. Experimental. They
were not horn loaded. they sounded reasonable. They were not all
power, bu sounded mmmmmmmmm reasonable.

Anyway. I set them up in the window nearest my neighbours, and played
Beethoven's Pastoral at unbearable levels, and went out for the
afternoon.

It worked.

So maybe you are right! Even the BEST and most PEACEFUL classical will
**** the boomsters off! G

My problem is, success may result in a beating! (recent victim of way
OTT, insane, road rage)

Bach's Tacotta and Fugue in D. Atomic Bach! Heavy Metal Boroque!

That or Glenn Miller's "in the mood" - lively, up beat, and punchy.
"Music to win a war too."

tschus
pyotr

I have decided that I should not be offended by
anybody's behaviour but my own......the theory's
good, anyway.