Martin Angove

In message ,
Kalico wrote:

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 21:03:22 +0100, Martin Angove
wrote:

[snip]

I'm probably just being naive, but I usually try my best to explain the
test certificate to the client, which explains why I charge an extra
hour for paperwork :-)

Hwyl!

M.

Just out of interest, what do you charge for the test and certificate?

By the hour. A normal-sized house without anything too complicated to
trace should be about an hour for the inspection and an hour for the
paperwork. Some installations which have been messed-about with may take
longer due to the need to identify, as far as possible, which fuses/MCBs
feed which circuits.

Was in a house the other day where as far as I could tell there were
four radial circuits feeding sockets, all fed from the same 20A fuse.
The report pulled up a few more issues which I suppose didn't please the
householder very much as he'd gone to great lengths to make the
installation look good on the surface with new lights, switches, sockets
and so on.

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... Blessed are the young; they will inherit our national debt.