DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Ted Edwards wrote:
wrote:

low end unit like the one offered by Harbor Freight for $170? Will it also

I have a similar one. When I cut off bar/round stock pieces for
lathe/mill work, I only have to face off about 20 thou to get a good
finish.

What diameter stock? That could have some bearing on the 0.020"
facing to clean up. I would be a *lot* more impressed with doing that
with 6" diameter stock than with 1/2" diameter stock. (Then again, I
would be quite impressed at getting a clean cut-off on 6" diameters stock
with one of those bandsaws anyway. :-) So let's make it 4" diameter,
which is within the capability of the saw.

Yes -- you *can* cut larger diameters if the length of the
remaining stock is short enough so it doesn't hit the casting where the
blade returns on the backside. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564