davexnet02

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 01:36:34 GMT, "Jim Beaver"
wrote:

"Ross Herbert" wrote in message
.. .

wrote:

|Re the lack of a remote control....
|
|I don't think you will be able to get much joy from your set without
|one. A search shows that this one
|http://www.mjsales.net/items.asp?Fam...=272&Cat2ID=55
|suits the 32XBR450, 36XBR450 and 40XBR700
|
|Then you will need some info on the service mode
|http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/REPAIR/F_SonySet.html
|
|Ross H
|Hi Ross,
|actually I have my remote.
|I'm not the original poster,

Sorry Dave, I checked back on the wrong post.

Yes, it would have been helpful to see what the OP discovered if
anything. Feedback following suggestions is helpful for everyone
concerned.

I'm the OP, but I haven't learned anything since my previous posts. I am
not a technician (funny, the Marine Corps thought I was one, but that was
thirty-five years ago). I haven't opened the case because I don't know what
I'm doing, and I haven't gotten a service person to do so yet, because I
can't manhandle the set out of the piece of furniture it's in without help.
(Big set. Three people big.)

Thanks for the help.

Jim Beaver

Hi Jim, thanks for the info. I'm the other responder who
has very similar symptoms to you. I've taken the back off
mine, pulled the chassis out, but I wasn't able to find the problem.
At this point I'm ready to get a serviceman myself.
As soon as I can get it out and get it
checked, I'll report back on what's wrong. Or rather, I'll report back on
what the guy from Sony says is wrong.

Likewise -
Dave