Gerald Miller

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 08:56:28 +0100, "Leon Heller"
wrote:

Didn't Maytag make very reliable long-lasting equipment at one time? I think
Vance Packard mentioned them favourably in his book 'The Wastemakers'.

Leon

In '78 I had a good year so we bought Maytag washer, dryer, and
dishwasher. The washer has never (touch wood) required service. The
element has been replaced three times along with one fan impeller and
one drive belt on the dryer, oh yes and a door latch and a substitute
door safety switch. The dishwasher OTOH has been replaced one piece at
a time, motor, belt, pump, timer, water level switch, dish rack,
silverware basket (2), and solenoid water valve. I now have two spare
parts DW'ers bought at a cost of $11 so I should get a few more years
from this one. Over all, I have been well served by these machines,
although I understand that latter machines don't last as well.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada