John Miller

Lobster wrote in message
"John Miller" wrote in message

Lobster wrote in message

I agree it's totally unclear from Screwfix's site how these things

work;
I'm
sure if they made it a bit clearer they'd sell a lot more of the

things.
Having said that, you could always buy a set and return them as

'unsuitable'
if they are no good for you. Anyway, I've made a quick, rather

crappy,
picture of the instructions which I've uploaded at

http://tinyurl.com/6ly9j
and another, of the actual bits themselves (one pipe's worth) at
http://tinyurl.com/5duau. Hopefully these will explain adequately how

it
works but if not get back to me (if need be I'll scan the instructions

in
properly rather than using the camera).

Sorry to be a pain but I can't quite read the instructions. Tried

zooming
in
but words too distorted to read properly. It rather looks as though

these
fittings may be the answer to my problem so I'd be really grateful if

you
could clarify things a bit more.

OK, I've scanned it properly now and replaced the jpeg with a hi-res one

at
the same URL (http://tinyurl.com/6ly9j)
Suggest you right-click on the link and save the jpg rather than view it

in
your browser (it doesn't seem to want to work with mine).

HTH
David

David

Many thanks for your trouble. It didn't work too well in my browser either
but the jpeg is clear enough and these fittings look as though they'll do
the job I want. It's quite a clever idea and it seems a pity that Screwfix
sell it but don't have a clue how it works. Not sure where I'll get a 47mm
spanner, though!

Thanks again

John Miller