John Barry

patriarch wrote in message 7.77...

And when you put the slot cutter on the routerbit set on upside down, the
smell you get from red oak is truly memorable! It was even more fun,
because my father was watching, and laughing!

The fact that only pride was bruised is a good thing! (tm ms)

Patriarch

Even easier (my excuse) is to put one of the two-wing cutters of a
stacked dado set in backwards. Did that the very first time, to cut a
1/2" dado in fir. Which it did with a little more effort, noise and
smoke than I'd anticipated. The cut was surprisingly clean. Really.

John